Northstar NSB170FT Red Battery
Availability: In Stock
Normally ships within 1-2 business days. For International shipping costs please contact us.
Northstar AGM Battery
The Northstar NSB170FT Red is the perfect solution for telecom/USP use. It has front terminals, and is constructed around pure lead NSB Red Star Technology. This technology is designed for backup applications that require high performance and longevity. The pure lead feature of this battery decreases the possibility of failure, and the battery life can be prolonged to 15 years.
Long float life occurs even when exposed to high temperatures. This will decrease costs, as you will not have to replace batteries as often. Plus, these batteries are maintenance free. The NSBRed Star Technology was designed specifically for telecom backup power application. This is a time when the life span of the battery and reliability are most important.
If high temperature is not an issue but you want long life in the 20º-35ºC (68º-95ºF) range regardless of the quality of the electric grid, the NSB Red battery using our pure lead – long life (TPPL) technology is an ideal choice. The Red battery has a recharge time of 6 hours from 50% SOC to full charge, a design life of 4 years at 40ºC (104ºF) and 400 cycles with optimum charging.
NSB170FT Red Battery Features:
- 15 Year Float Life At 20 Degrees Celsius (68 Degrees Fahrenheit)
- Operating Temperature Range -40 Degrees Celsius To 65 Degrees Celsius
- 2 Year Shelf Life At 25 Degrees Celsius
- Pure lead electrochemistry greatly increases temp and corrosion resistance, while reducing component aging
- Thin plates deliver large surface area, high power density and low resistance
- State-of-the-art automated manufacturing ensures consistency and reliability
- Shelf life of up to 24 months.
- Advanced 3 stage terminal design to ensure leak-free operation - brass terminals provide maximum performance
- EUROBAT design life definition: Long Life (12+ years)
- Non-halogenated, thermallysealed plastic casing
- Flame retardant (UL 94 VO)and LOI ofat least 28%
- Highmodulus Polyphenylene Oxide (PPO) plastic materials designed to withstand extended elevated operating temperaturesandmaintain high battery compression essential for reliable operation
- Approved as non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea, and air transport - DOT 49CFR173.159(d), (i) and (ii)
The Northstar NSB170FT was specifically designed for telecom backup power application. It can safely be shipped by ground, sea or air, as it is considered a non-hazardous cargo. Both the case and cover are flame retardant. It is best to use the NSB170FT for a backup source of energy. With advanced technologies being utilized, this battery performs at high levels when in use. This Northstar battery contains a front handle, which makes it easy to install and maintain.